This workshop allows workers, organisations or networks of services to provide more effective programs to men and families. The workshop explores the importance of the fathers’ role in family services and how programs can engage and support this opportunity.
The workshop focuses on:
- understanding what men might want when accessing community services
- using strengths based approaches when working with men
- engaging men in child protection issues and family based programs
- exploring skills used to work with men in a non-threatening way and modelling effective, respectful and inclusive communication when working with men
- working with fathers to increase their engagement in their children’s lives
- engaging fathers using the father inclusive practice and the generative framework
- effective ways for female workers to work with men.